Thursday, May 1, 2014

Day 51: Lows follow Highs

 (After a day of dog walking and story telling and general lightness, I woke up to one of the heaviest days since the week Gareth died. I spent the day on the couch sobbing off and on and felt incapable of any kind of self-care. Incapable of moving. I reached out to a few people I know and asked someone to come over and help met get out of the house. Help me get something to eat. If anything, this experience is teaching me to ask for help when I need it, and accept it when it comes.)

April 20, 2014

I know everyone I'm connected with here in the facebook world is full of ridiculous good and has been doing nothing but sending thoughts of healing and love my way. I feel it. And I appreciate it. Especially asking for those thoughts today as it's a rough one. No particular reason. It just is. Internal program is about 10% loaded. So full of gratitude for an amazing day yesterday: yoga with Julie, dog walking with Jake, Paulina, Rachel, and Hanbin, visit to a great tea house with Paulina, dinner at a yummy restaurant with Paige and Alex, phenomenal story slam with ridiculously talented people after. Lots of good. Remembering that as I let the waves toss me about a bit today.

April 20, 2014

Thank the sweet Lord that there is always Andrew Bird. Better than aspirin. More effective than a stiff drink. Sunshine to reach the darkest places. Three of my favorite songs of his in this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsOrA97q2FI 

No comments:

Post a Comment