Thursday, May 1, 2014

Day 22: I Have To Tell and Retell


 (On March 22 and 23 I went to Seoul to give a  lecture on classroom management to the incoming group of EPIK teachers. I had done this several times before, but doing it now- putting my game face on and energetically delivering messages of hope to new teachers- was really difficult. I'm blessed to have been able to meet a good friend for lunch before lectures began.)
 

March 22, 2014

In Seoul. Walking through the empty spaces where weeks ago, months ago, over a year ago, we walked hand in hand. Seoul Station. Specific escalators. Past certain shops. We were here, I think. We were here. We were here. We were here.

March 22, 2014

I have to tell and retell stories. Stories of him. Of us. Of his life. Of his death. I have to tell about crawling into his hospital bed and folding his arms around me. I have to tell about glorious times and frustrating times. I have to tell about tragic things. Horrible things seen. Magical times spent. I have to tell and retell to keep myself afloat.

March 22, 2014

Gareth's keychain. The Lego man flashlight I bought for him in Hadong. The piece of leather I bought for him in Jeonju. We were both surprise gifters and each had a myriad of trinkets from the other.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment